Kidney Detox – Besides helping get rid of wastes, your kidneys are also responsible for releasing several hormones.
Your kidneys are about the size of your fist. They may be small but they are powerful organs and have many functions. Every day your kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood to move to about 2 quarts of waste and extra water. (1)
1. Your kidneys release the hormone erythopoietin. This hormone stimulates the bone marrow and “tells” it to make red blood cells. (1)
2. The second hormone that is released by your kidneys is renin. Renin is important in regulating blood pressure. High blood pressure is one of the underlying risks of heart disease. The higher your blood pressure, the more your heart has to work to pump blood throughout your body. Over time if this continues your heart may enlarge. (1)
3. The third hormone that is release is called calcitriol. Calcitriol is the active form of Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps keep calcium in bonds and is important for proper chemical balance in your body. (1)
The two most common causes of kidney disease are diabetes and high blood pressure. (1) Both can be preventable and controllable. Many people have a risk for diabetes and high blood pressure in their family history, but even if you do you can do things to help prevent the risk for these conditions.
With all this functions that your kidneys are responsible for it’s important to help your kidneys function at optimal levels. This means you have to give your kidneys a break by first and foremost eliminating unhealthy habits such as smoking, drinking alcohol, eating processed foods and so on.
Use this simple steps to “help” your kidneys and detox them
Eat fresh vegetables. Cut out the processed foods. Stop eating food out of a box. The more junk you eat the more your body has to work to get rid of it. Cook your own food. Knowing what you put in your body is important and when you cook your own food you know exactly what ingredients you’re using. Aim for organic products, especially if you eat meat.
JUICE! Juice. Juice. Juice fresh dark green leafy vegetables. Chlorophyll does wonders for your body.
Eat and juice alkalizing foods. Keeping your body’s pH at the desirable level (neutral pH) is important because you’re helping your body work at an optimal level without having to work overtime to get rid of unwanted and harmful toxins. The better you eat, the healthier you eat and the more you MOVE then the less your body has to spend time working to eliminate toxins and has more time to make you feel good by giving you energy and helping you feel your best.
There are simple things you can do to detox…like again eliminating processed foods and at least juicing fresh organic vegetables 2-3 times a day.
Cranberries are excellent for your kidneys and bladder, especially for preventing and treating urinary tract infections. Cranberries contain a compound called hippuric acid. Hippuric acid helps acidify the urine and inhibit bacteria. This is important for people with bladder infections. Cranberries are great for your kidneys because they contain an antioxidant called proanthocyanidin. (2) Not only are cranberries beneficial for your kidneys and bladder but they are also great for reducing risks of heart disease, have anti-cancer properties, are great for your gums and much more.
It’s best to either juice fresh cranberries or blend them. Store bought juice (even organic) is packed with sugar. If you can’t find fresh organic cranberries, try frozen organic cranberries and blend them up.
Check out how to make your own cranberry blend yourself.
Magnesium deficiency is not beneficial for helping your kidneys. Magnesium plays a key role in regulating blood pressure naturally. Magnesium supplements and a diet including plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are good sources of potassium and magnesium, are consistently associated with lowering blood pressure. Magnesium is also important for diabetes, preventing osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease and much more.
Going on a simple 3-5 day juice fast is a great way to detox your body. When you juice dark green vegetables you are instantly getting high amount of nutrients and vitamins.
1. Many people ask me why they should juice when they could eat the vegetables or fruits. When you extract the juice from the vegetable all you are left with are beneficial micro-nutrients. Since your body doesn’t have to break down any components like insoluble fiber, your body is quickly absorbing micro-nutrients antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and much more from the juice. That’s why often you get instant energy after having a juice!
2. Juicing also allows you to consume the needed vegetables and fruits that your body craves and needs for optimal health. If you find it difficult eating raw vegetables and fruit, then juicing is perfect for you. With juicing you are also getting a wide variety of different vegetables into your daily intake.
3. Juicing is a way to change the way you eat and will change the way you live. After you juice for a week, you will see and feel instant results. Often after the first week of the Alpha Reset, my clients tell me how much more energy they have, how their skin has improved and how much overall mental clarity they have. Also, a juice detox program like the Alpha Reset, can help you change your taste buds and quit bad habits like smoking.
During your fast make sure you juice dark leafy greens, lemons, ginger, watercress, dandelion greens and more. The Alpha Reset provides juice recipes so you don’t have to worry about knowing what to juice.
Read full article at fitlife.tv